Guests attend a wedding for the happy couple, but they stay for the food! In Maine, where staples like lobster and blueberries are infamous, food is taken very seriously. That’s why choosing your wedding caterer is no joke.
- Whether you’re looking for buffet style dining options or a three course meal or anything in between, Mine Oyster caters to your needs – literally!
- To indulge in a Maine cuisine classic, enjoy the offerings of Foster’s Clambake & Catering. Enjoy a Foster’s famous New England clambake that comes with sides of excitement and fun!
- To add some serious taste to your wedding, check out Pete’s Pig Southern Barbecue. Don’t be fooled, from pulled pork to salmon to prime rib, their fare goes beyond barbecue. No matter what dishes you choose, they’re guaranteed to be delicious!
- When searching for dessert, look no further than Gelato Fisco! To make your wedding unique all you have to do is choose the flavors (or even create your own!) and they’ll do the rest – sweet & simple!
- With over 10 years of creative, customized designs, Got Cake? specializes in designer cakes perfect for your wedding. Our mouths water as we scroll through their endless cake flavors from red velvet to chocolate mocha to Italian cream. Pair one of their decadent flavors with a custom design and you’re guaranteed a crowd pleaser!
- Whether you’re looking for elegant and traditional or playful and contemporary for your wedding cake, Starlight Custom Cakes has it covered. With the slogan, “Where cake and sugar become edible art!”, Starlight understands the necessity of a creating a cake that tastes as good as it looks.
- A 2014 Wedding Wire Couple’s Choice Award winner and voted 2014 Best of Weddings by The Knot, Heavenly Designs Bakery declares its cakes homemade pieces of heaven. Made from an original recipe passed down through five generations, these cakes have given them their “heavenly” and “delightful” reputation. Along with cakes, find tasty treats for your wedding ranging from edible favors to gourmet cupcakes to Italian pastries. Yum!
- Baking since she was a little girl, Jennifer, of Wedding Cakes by Jennifer, has mastered the art of baking and designing cakes. With a love for sharing her creations with people celebrating milestones in their lives, Jennifer creates handmade masterpieces with a personal touch for a sweet (literally) and sentimental cake.
What girl doesn’t like a great party and receiving tons of presents? It’s in our nature! We love it, and your bridal shower should be no different. These days, bridal showers have taken on new levels and are more fun than ever before. Traditionally, brides had their bridal shower and the groom had his bachelor party. Today, brides want in on the fun, and are not afraid to go after it.
The bridal shower is traditionally planned by the Maid of Honor. She can either put together a lovely afternoon luncheon filled with champagne and presents or she can go even further and plan a bridal shower that competes on the same level as the boys.
Here are a few different ideas for the shower:
- Sail away! Instead of another girl’s night out, make it a girls weekend away. Don’t limit your shower to a measly four hours when you can make it last for days! Plan a weekend in the snow if it is the season and the bride would enjoy it. If she is a more fair weathered maiden then why not head to the beach? This trip will be relaxing for everyone and a great bonding experience for all of the girls. It will be one of the last trips that the bride will take without her newly beloved.
- Learn something! If traveling is not really her thing, then maybe an activity filled bridal shower is the way to go. There are a hundred different activities that you can plan for the shower including a cooking seminar a gardening lesson or maybe make it risque with a pole dancing class. Activities are engaging and they make the experience unique and memorable. A cooking class would be great for a bride that wants to learn how to better cook for her new hubby. An in-home wine tasting gives the girls a chance to gab away, while learning a thing or two about the grape. Remember, make it something that everyone invited can partake in. It will be very uncomfortable if anyone is left out.
- Better together! It is possible that the couple wants to have a couples shower. In this case, the shower is going to be more like a dinner party or cocktail party. There will still be gifts, but instead of focusing on the bride, these gifts will be for both the bride and the groom. The guests will be male and female, and any activities will be centered around the couple, rather than just the bride. Today, many couples enjoy these showers as it is always fun to be showered together.
A common question is whether a wedding planner and venue coordinator are the same thing. No, not at all. Here are the differences between the two.
A wedding planners only priority is making sure your wedding runs smoothly and blows you and your guests away. They offer various levels of service. Usually, they plan almost every element of the wedding, start to finish. This allows you to have someone on hand throughout the process and you don’t have to stress.
A venue coordinator usually responds to the initial inquiry and shows you around the venue. They are the point of liaison between the couple and on-site operations team. You do not have as much contact with them, where there only responsibility on the actual wedding day.
That said, a wedding planner has greater vested interest in every aspect of your wedding because they are working for you. They are well versed in sourcing services through tough negotiations on your behalf, seeking the most bang for your buck.
Trends come and go all the time, so let’s take a look at the wedding cake trends for this year!
- Naked Wedding Cake- Go au naturel on the outside and have the icing in between!
- Ombre Wedding Cake- This trend is taking the wedding world by storm. Add a romantic feel with pastel shades or add an unexpected twist to your reception decor!
- Metallic Accents- Make a striking centerpiece or shimmer and shine to your dessert table.
- Wedding Cake Pops- Veer off the traditional path and make a statement with a new kind of wedding cake.
- All about the icing- Make your icing take center stage, use vibrant colors or striped layers.
- Wedding Cake Ruffles- A delicious work of art!
There are so many options for father-daughter wedding dance songs. And it’s important to choose one that is meaningful to both of you! Here’s a list of some popular father-daughter dance songs:
- “Daughters” John Mayer
- “Dance With My Father” Luther Vandross
- “Isn’t She Lovely” Stevie Wonder
- “Because You Loved Me” Celine Dion
- “Butterfly Kisses” Bob Carlisle
- “My Little Girl” Tim McGraw
- “My Father’s Eyes” Eric Clapton
- “The Way You Look Tonight” Frank Sinatra
- “My Wish” Rascal Flatts
What’s your father-daughter wedding dance song of choice?
You spend all this money on a perfect wedding, including the ceremony, reception, cake and photographer. You get your photos back from the beloved day that went down without a hitch. Low and behold your camera ready guests can be seen photobombing your special moments from the photographer. This is something that has just recently became an issue and is definitely something that you need to consider for your wedding day.
Will you want to have those perfect photos captured by the professional and ask guests, to not use their phones during the wedding? Or would you rather, embrace the technology and create your personal wedding hashtag for guests to use? Give us your thoughts and input!
Planning for the big day is chaotic enough but it’s essential for you to also remember your honeymoon. By planning ahead you can avoid the last minute stress and packing before your honeymoon getaway! A few weeks before the wedding, write a list of what you want to bring and get your necessary clothes dry-cleaned and laundered. Pack a little at a time and check things off as you go.
- Airline tickets
- Credit cards
- Cash money and local currency if necessary
- Passport & drivers license
- Reservation confirmations
Clothing: Depending on where you are going, we suggest:
- Little black dress
- Casual t-shirts
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Elegant shoes
- Beachbag (sunscreen, sunhat)
It’s very important to be organized. Learn how to pack like a pro! A few tips:
- Line the bottom of your bag with shoes, fill the center with rolled up jeans and larger jackets.
- Lay dresses and pants lengthwise
- Roll shirts and sweaters
- Fold dedicates. Make sure to put toiletries and lingerie in separate bags
Remember to abide by all flying restrictions, including liquids!